Thursday, January 21, 2010

my Julie Powell moment.

Here marks my first foray into the blogosphere. Hot dog! I've never really been one for blogs, but I find myself at a crossroads right now. Call it my Julie Powell moment (yes, Santa brought me TWO copies of Julie and Julia!). I'm an actress who doesn't get to act very much, and I need something to fill my time while the phone's not ringing. Ever since I was old enough to hold a paintbrush, I've been filling up my living spaces with art supplies and their subsequent creations (or half-finished creations...). Now that I'm a little older, I've discovered that I like to make things I can actually use-- sewn objects, furniture, home accessories, etc. (I have a not-so-secret dream of tossing aside this Hollywood mayhem and opening a store that fills my design/craft/decorating desires! I worry that what I'm actually picturing is me playing this in a movie, though-- very Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail... but I digress. It's fun to think about. And this store would obviously be on the east coast, where life doesn't come to a complete halt because it rains a little bit. But again. I digress.). Plus, it's hard to send pictures of what I'm doing to all my family and friends, so tah-dah! My blog is born. AND, my procrastination now has a purpose: my sister is getting married in July, so I'm allowed to say that all of this is for her, to give her ideas. It's my DUTY as the matron of honor (I'm not as old as that sounds. I swear. I just got married 9 months ago.). But we know the truth, don't we? Wink, wink.

(Hi Mama!)

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, You know I have ALWAYS been envious of my children's (yes, you are one!!) creativity. Now that you are in "print" and so very inspiring, I'm vowing to be a groopie of this blog!! I love it! Your mama sent it to me saying that all of our attempts at leading Girl Scouts has paid off for one so dear!! I have been thinking of doing a blog too, but am seriously challenged by comupter design, so I will live this fantasy vicariously through you!! Keep up with the fun finds and happy spraying!! XOXOXX Rarrie

    ReplyDelete