Thursday, June 3, 2010

Finally! Eastern Columbia follow-up.

My posts have been long-delayed, dear readers, and for that, I am sorry. I'm actually in the process of un-feathering my nest-- more on that later. In the meantime, please feast your eyes on the interiors of the ECB in downtown Los Angeles. Kelly Wearstler did the interior design.

These elevator doors are original to the building; the motif on them is exactly the same as the design on the elevator doors in the Chrysler Building in New York, except the Chrysler doors are inlaid wood instead of mirror. I was very excited to realize that as I was doing research for my historical analysis paper. I felt like an intrepid discoverer.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting interior! I think I'm glad that Kelly didn't design my house. Can't wait for more blogs when they come.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete