Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spray Paint Magic Part IV!

My spray paint obsession has now grown to include mirror spray paint... I FINALLY received my Krylon Looking Glass spray paint in the mail yesterday. For some reason, it is not available in stores anywhere, so I finally bit the bullet and bought it on amazon.

Behold:

Pretty neat, I say! The vase on the right in both pictures received the heaviest coat of paint, the left, a lighter coat. I sprayed the paint on the inside of the vessels; this created a liquid situation on the inside that I didn't anticipate, and I spent a few minutes swirling the glasses around to get a semi-even coat on there. Then I took a spray bottle and lightly squirted some water in there to give it a mottled, antiqued mercury glass effect. Eventually i just propped them up upside down so the excess could run out (onto the newspaper I put beneath them). I have a similar mercury glass votive holder that I bought from Pottery Barn for about $12... my Pizza Hut vase only cost about $1! See Miles, I can save money! Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment