Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dear Readers (all 4 of you),

My apologies for the dearth of posts this week; between tutoring and Valentine's week at the bakery, life was hectic! This week will be better (I hope!).

Since I haven't done or made anything of note to tell you about, I will instead share some pictures of the beautiful flowers Miles gave me for Valentine's Day! He's the sweetest. I know diddlysquat about arranging flowers, so I winged (wung?) it. The bouquet was gigantic; I actually have another vase-full that I didn't take a picture of. The bouquet had a rather untraditional palette for V-day; dusty lavenders and peaches, with shades of brighter purple tucked in. Take a look:


I have absolutely no idea what those tiny white flowers with the twiggy branches are. They have purple tips, and they smell divine. In fact, they remind me of the smell of Sausalito in the early morning, when I used to go for walks with my dad and a friend. Maybe that's a start for my investigation... Anywho. I like how romantic they look in a vase all alone. Without other flowers, it is easy appreciate their willow-like beauty (I'm so flowery today! Pun intended. I'm sorry.).

No comments:

Post a Comment