Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Renderings

Hello, dear Readers. As you've probably discovered, I've resigned myself to putting aside my nest feathering during the semester, but I wanted to let you know that I have not dropped off the face of the planet!  Here's a taste of what I've been working on in school.Our last project was an integrative health facility in Soho. Enjoy!

Above: the entrance to the lobby from the elevators. I wanted to create an environment that counters the pollution and concrete outside. Guests are greeted by a "living wall;" in addition to being a balance to outdoors, green walls serve as air filters. There's a reveal at the bottom and top of the wall, so it appears to float.

More after the jump!



cafe seating: Vitra. Lounge seating: Alvar Aalto 400 by Artek
 The cafe/lobby- a place for clients to rest between sessions and grab a cup of tea. The floors are polished concrete, while the walls are reclaimed, unfinished wood with creeping fig vines (a nod to my parent's house. Only we keep our creeping vines outside.)


left wall, Modwall ModRocks recycled glass pebbles. Furniture, Swan chair by Arne Jacobsen for Fritz Hansen. Lighting, George Nelson bubble lamp for Modernica.


 The program included yoga studios, a meditation room, locker rooms, accupuncture rooms, as well as administrative spaces. It was interesting to think of a health care facility through a more hospitality-tinted lens, which is becoming more and more common these days.

Happy Wednesday!
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment